This Privacy Notice sets out how we will use your personal data when you visit the later-life-finance.co.uk website.
WHO WE ARE
We are later-life-finance.co.uk.
Later Life Finance Limited is the Data Controller for the purposes of the General data Protection Regulation 2017 (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us (Submitted information): This is information you give us about you by filling in forms on the website laer-life-finance.co.uk (our Site), or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail or chat). It includes information you provide when you subscribe to any of our Services, share data via the social media functions, enter a competition, promotion or survey, send an application for a vacancy and when you report a problem with our Site. If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence.
- The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you visit our Site we will automatically collect the following information:
Information about your computer (e.g. your IP address, browser, operating system, etc.) for statistical purposes
•the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface, the type of browser you use, and time zone setting (Device Information);
- details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to traffic data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access (Log Information).
with a personalised experience when you browse our Site and also allows us to improve the Site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them, see our Cookie Statement at later-life-finance.co.uk
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Submitted information: to provide and tailor Services directly to you; communicate with you; pass to selected third parties to provide quotations on the services you
- Device information: to determine how many people use the Site on particular browsers and different devices so that we can ensure adequate technical support for each type of device and browser.
- To present site content effectively to you.
- Provide information, products and services that you request, or (with your consent) which we think may interest you.
- Carry out our contracts with you.
- Allow you to use our interactive services if you want to.
- Tell you our charges.
- Third Party Information: to monitor performance of the Service; to protect you and other people from fraud or misuse of the Services.
- Legitimate interests – such as to communicate with you; for web analytics so we can provide, improve and tailor services to you; to provide appropriate technical support and security for our websites; or for fraud prevention.
We may associate any category of information with any other category of information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
You agree that we have the right to disclose your personal information to any member of
our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
By submitting our form, you agree to be contacted by an independent adviser to confirm your details and provide a quotation based on additional questions about your circumstances.
An FCA authorised equity release firm will be contacting you via email, SMS and/or telephone to discuss your equity release enquiry.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If later-life-finance.co.uk or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
• Protect the rights, property or safety of later-life-finance.co.uk, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination
outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating
outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. These staff may be engaged in
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions
carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using industry leading encryption technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We strongly recommend you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to
prevent unauthorised access.
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold (this is called a Data Subject Access Request or DSAR). To make a request for your personal information see the Contact section below.
- You can ask us to correct your information if it is incorrect;
- ask us to delete the information that we hold about you in certain circumstances, for
example, where we no longer need the information;
- opt-out of us processing your personal information for marketing purposes;
- ask us to send you, or another organisation, certain types of information about you in a
format that can be read by computer;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority;
- restrict certain processing of your information, for example, if you tell us that the
information is inaccurate we can only use it for limited purposes while we check its
We will always inform you (before collecting your personal information) of how we plan to
use that personal information. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the Site when you submit your information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us via post to: The Data Controller, Later Life Finance, High Ridge, Old Pool Bank, Otley, West Yorkshire LS21 3BS
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner
networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any service that may be accessible through them have their own
privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or
for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as
contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data
to these websites or use these services.
This data will be retained in our records for no longer than is necessary to:
- to provide you with the services you have requested;
- to comply with statutory guidance;
- to support a claim or defence in court.
Details of retention periods are available on request. See Contact section below.
CHANGES TO PRIVACY NOTICE
at later-life-finance.co.uk. The new terms may be displayed on-screen and you may be
required to read and accept them.
be addressed, in writing, to:
The Data Controller, later-life-finance.co.uk, The Data Controller, Later Life Finance, High Ridge, Old Pool Bank, Otley, West Yorkshire LS21 3BS
BY USING THE later-life-finance.co.uk WEBSITE, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS WHICH WILL BIND YOU. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE THE WEBSITE.
We are later-life-finance.co.uk (Later Life Finance LTD), High Ridge Old Pool Bank Pool LS21 3BS
- The website, the data supplied with the website, and any updates or supplements to it.
- The related online documentation.
- The service you connect to via the website and the content we provide to you through it.
Please be aware that internet transmissions are never completely private or secure and that any message or information you send using the Site or any Service may be read or intercepted by others, even if there is a special notice that a particular transmission is encrypted.
We May Collect Technical Data About Your Device
By using the site or any of the Services, you agree to us collecting and using technical information about the devices you use the site on and related software, hardware and peripherals to improve our products and to provide any Services to you.
Support For The Website And How To Tell Us About Any Problems
Contacting us. If you think the Site is faulty or not as described or wish to contact us for any other reason please email our customer service team at email@example.com
How we will communicate with you. If we have to contact you we will do so by email, phone, or by pre-paid post, using the contact details you have provided to us.
We Are Not Responsible For Other Websites You Link To
The Site or any Service may contain links to other independent websites which are not provided by us. Such independent sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and have not checked and approved their content or their privacy policies (if any).
You will need to make your own independent judgement about whether to use any such independent sites, including whether to buy any products or services offered by them.
The inclusion of a link to another site on this Site does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Acceptable Use Restrictions
- Not use our System, email addressesor domain name for unauthorised mass-communication such as “spam” or “junk mail”.
- not transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of the Site;
- not use the Site in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users; and
- not collect or harvest any information or data from any Service or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running any Service.
- Acknowledge that Comparemyequity reserves the right to monitor any and all communications made to us or using our Site.
In order to use an enquiry form and any other communication facility that may be added in the future on this Site, you are required to submit certain personal details. By continuing to use this Web Site you represent and warrant that:
- Any information you submit is accurate and truthful; and
- You will keep this information accurate and up-to-date.
Viruses, Malware And Security
- We exercise all reasonable skill and care to ensure that the Site is secure and free from viruses and other malware.
- You are responsible for protecting your hardware, software, data and other material from viruses, malware and other internet security risks.
- You must not deliberately introduce viruses or other malware, or any other material which is malicious or technologically harmful either to or via the Site.
- You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any part of the Site, the server on which the Site is stored, or any other server, computer, or database connected to the Site.
- You must not attack the Site by means of a denial of service attack, a distributed denial of service attack, or by any other means.
- By breaching the provisions of the above clauses, you may be committing a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Any and all such breaches will be reported to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will cooperate fully with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. Your right to use the Site will cease immediately in the event of such a breach.
Intellectual Property Rights
Limitation Of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, later-life-finance.co.uk accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Site or any information contained therein. Users should be aware that they use the Site and its Content at their own risk.
Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or restricts later-life-finance.co.uk liability for death or personal injury resulting from any negligence or fraud on the part of later-life-finance.co.uk
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that these terms and conditions adhere strictly with the relevant provisions of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, in the event that any of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed severed from these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions. This term shall apply only within jurisdictions where a particular term is illegal.
In the event that any party to these Terms and Conditions fails to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy.
If A Court Finds Part Of This Contract Illegal, The Rest Will Continue In Force
Even If We Delay In Enforcing This Contract, We Can Still Enforce It Later
Which Laws Apply To This Contract And Where You May Bring Legal Proceedings
These terms and conditions and the relationship between you and Comparemyequity shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England and Wales. later-life-finance.co.uk and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, you may wish to submit the dispute for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform.